As you know several of my posts lately have been about all the money and expenses being paid out for various things.
Well today we had a miracle. So two weeks ago I received the bill in the mail for the Surgery Center where Chad had his surgery. On the bill it stated that they were not contracted with my insurance and that I would be responsible for the full $6847.20. I of course crapped a brick and said why in the world did they not inform me before the surgery that they did NOT accept my insurance??? ARGHHHH
To deal with this I have just put it off because I obviously don't have $6847.20 to pay this bill. Along with the pile of other bills I keep receiving from having a baby.
Today I decided to conquer the pile of bills and get them all paid or at least start a payment plan.
I called my insurance to ask them how does it work when I have an out of network bill. She asked about the bill and she said we already paid that bill. I said WHAT???? She said you LUCKED OUT, that surgery center actually IS contracted with us and we already paid it! INSERT HAPPY DANCE HERE!!!! What a miracle! So instead of having to pay 40% plus another $500 deductible, I only have to pay 20%!!!
Another miracle for the week. As you know Chad and I are back to school. Not an easy task, with working, taking care of the house, taking care of the baby and having some time to spend with each other.
The other day my coworker was telling me that Chad should take the first job offer he gets to build some experience on his resume in the IT field. He said if he could get a job at the school district that would be a great job because they have a little bit of everything there and he will learn tons. So yesterday I felt like I should contact one of my friends who currently works for the school district in the IT department. I asked if Chad could do an internship there while he is going to school so that he could apply his learning.
She responded back that I had perfect timing and that they were looking to hire some interns. It is still up in the air, but we are hoping that he will be able to start there soon and build some experience in the computer field.
We are so excited. What a week, two miracles in two days! We are so blessed.
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment