It's been a crazy week and it is only Wednesday.
I started back to work on Monday after being off work for two months. It is not easy starting back after being gone for so long. I have had a few blond moments trying to remember how to do parts of my job. I am struggling to get caught up and to get all the messes cleaned up.
Chad on his way to work on Monday hit some black ice and smashed into an embankment of snow. Luckily the snow was there or he would have rolled off the road into the canyon below. At first look, the car didn't look too damaged. Then we started finding more and more dents. Chad took it to an auto body shop to get a bid to get it all fixed and it came in at $3000. YIKES!!!
Yesterday I was doing some reading and realized I have been starving my baby. In all my readings it says that you should feed your baby 2 to 2.5 ounces of milk per pound of their body weight. At 4 weeks Bridger weighed in at 10lbs, so he should be eating 20 to 25ounces. When I was last at the Dr. I told him that Bridger was eating 3ounces every 3 to 4hours. The DR felt like he was gaining weight a little too fast so he said to try and push it to 4hrs. So that means I have only been feeding him 18ounces a day. Now I know why he would get so mad at the end of a feeding. I thought he was just gassy. I feed him 4ounces last night and he was such a happy camper.
He was happy until he started getting all congested and could hardly breathe. He was so stuffed up. Chad put tons of saline in his nose and sucked his boogies out, but they just kept coming. So this morning Chad took him to the DR and he prescribed antibiotics. Supposedly a baby's cold can turn into RSV really quick if left untreated and can be life threatening. However, if I give him antibiotics then they can weaken his immune system and cause major issues. How do I know what is right????
To top it all off Bridger only weighed in at 10lbs 4oz at 6.5 weeks old. So he only gained 4oz in 16days. I was told they should gain an ounce a day the first two months, so I guess he was starving to death.
I am exhausted from all the stresses of being a mom and making sure I make all the right decisions for his health.
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
1 comment:
Isn't it fun! Its worth it though! Hopethe rest of the week goes better.
Post a Comment