Chad has been plagued with horrible sinuses. The 3+ years I have known him he has had atleast 2 sinus infections each year. When we were dating we were cuddled up on the couch and the blanket we were using had cat hair on it and that made him have a horrible allergy attack which then turned into a major sinus infection and he was sick for two weeks.
He constantly has nose sprays near by and I am always finding kleenex everywhere. Including after they have been overlooked in the laundry and washed and dryed. Needless to say I could be rich had I invested in Kleenex, Nose Sprays and lint rollers.
Well hopefully after today that will all change. I am sitting in the waiting room while he is having surgery on his sinuses right now. They have a long list of the procedures they are doing to him, but it comes down to it being called a roto-rooter of his sinuses. Thankfully the technology has progresses significantly and they do it all by fiberoptic scope and don't have to break any bones to do the reconstruction. They used to have to shove gauze up into the sinuses after surgery and after the healing process they would just pull it out. When Chad had the surgery done before, he said they pulled 10yards of guaze out. That is 30feet - so nasty! He said he about passed out. Does not sound fun at all!
Waiting rooms are always fun for people watching. There is this large polynesian person (not sure if male or female since they have a coat over their head) reclining in a chair snoring so loud and making all kinds of noises. I would be so embarassed! I guess the person is really tired because nothing seems to disturb them.
Makes for some entertainment while I am waiting.
The doctor just came out and said that Chad's surgery went well. Yeah! He is pretty out of it right now due to the anesthesia. Any ideas for jokes I can play on him when he is out of it? Just Kidding!
It was nice to not be the patient this time. In the two and a half years of marriage I have had two surgeries and been in the hospital twice. I have been poked by enough needles to last me a life time. I like this side of things much better. I hate drs, hospitals, needles, shots, medicine etc!
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment