First off I want to say RUDE!!!
A lot of companies have struggled over the last 2 years during the economic crisis. The company I work for has been one of them. Last December they announced that we would be receiving a pay cut and lose our bonuses. They tried to sell it to us as - "well it is better than losing your job". There were several layoffs at the time as well and they cut us down to the bare minimum. So not only did we lose pay but we gained a lot of extra work from those whom were layed off.
We did lose about 40% of our business but were still holding our heads above water. Then about 6 months ago the company started doing all this hiring of Senior Management. They hired two new VP's and promoted someone to a VP. Talk about top heavy!
Well yesterday the new VP that is over my department started. She is a really nice lady and I think we will be able to work well with her.
Here comes the rude part. So yesterday my coworker comes into the office and says "someone is sporting a new BMW ride". The car did not even have plates yet - it still had the temporary plates and you could tell it was just purchased in the last week by the date. We do some investigating and sure enough it belongs to the new VP. Someone must be getting paid well to go get a new fully loaded BMW!
Yet us little peons still have our pay cut, no bonuses and have to do extra work!
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
2 comments:
That is unbelievable! I'm hoping a rich uncle died or something.
Ugh...kinda glad that my days there are over. I do miss the fun times though and going out to lunch and playing tricks on Todd!
Post a Comment