So Friday after work Chad and I went to go see 'Knowing' with Nicolas Cage. I am never one to rely upon the critics views of movies because movies that I hate they love and vice versa. So I don't even bother reading or finding out how many stars the film had - I just go if it sounds good to me.
I read the synopisis of the movie and it sounded like a suspense thriller.
SYNOPSIS
In 1958, as part of the dedication ceremony for a new elementary school, a group of students is asked to draw pictures to be stored in a time capsule. But one mysterious girl fills her sheet of paper with rows of apparently random numbers instead.
Fifty years later, a new generation of students examines the capsule's contents and the girl's cryptic message ends up in the hands of young Caleb Koestler. But it is Caleb's father, professor John Koestler (Nicolas Cage), who makes the startling discovery that the encoded message predicts with pinpoint accuracy the dates, death tolls and coordinates of every major disaster of the past 50 years. As John further unravels the document's chilling secrets, he realizes the document foretells three additional events--the last of which hints at destruction on a global scale and seems to somehow involve John and his son. When John's attempts to alert the authorities fall on deaf ears, he takes it upon himself to try to prevent more destruction from taking place.
Sounds kind of intriguing - right? I figured ok I can handle this right - I am a big girl. Well the first part of the movie it was getting fairly intense and interesting. Then bamm out of no where it went all sci fi weird and Chad and I looked at each other and said that was weird! It was like the original writer died and they hired some sci fi freak off the street to finish the movie. RANDOM!!
So beware if you are planning on renting this movie - it is not a true suspense/action it is total sci fi - sneaky little guys trying to get their geekness in on me. I will say it ends with a happy Tree of Life at the end.
WIERD is all I gotta say. Anyone else see it or was I the only Chump who saw it?
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
1 comment:
I saw it and it was wierd....I was kinda mad at the end. It was a little scaring at moments...the music loud in the theater makes me more scared. I think I closed my eyes a few times in case something scary was going to happen. Some of it was a nice ending?!
Post a Comment