Monday, October 13, 2008

Ikea and Snow

Our Saturday. We got up and went to Ikea as a favor for my sister. They were having a big sale and one of the items was their wood flooring. It normally sells for $1.15 per sq ft, during the sale it was going for $0.49. Mandi told us to get there by 9:45 and we should be fine. We got there at 9:45 and the parking lot was full, but there was no line outside, so we were confused. When we walked up to the front of the store we realized the line was inside, because it was trying to snow outside. Once we figured out where we needed to be, we realized the large line of 100 people or so was for the flooring - go figure.

Have I ever told you that I hate large crowds of people? Well I do! So right when you walk in they have these little carts that you can put a child in and hang a yellow Ikea bag on, but there are no where big enough to put a box of hard wood flooring on. I don't know what these psycho people were thinking with these carts. Well at 10am, they opened the store and everyone started running like we were in a marathon - but remmember those carts I just told you about - well the only thing those carts were doing were giving people flat tires and killing ankles. I was hit several times and wanted to turn around and sock the lady behind me.

Chad and I had come up with a plan - he would run to get the flooring while I ran to get a REAL cart to put it on. Well I run back to get a cart and I couldnt get through to the carts - why you ask? Well the people at Ikea had put the flooring in two locations one up front where Chad went and one in back that you had to walk past to get a cart. I tried getting through, but there was nothing but those stupid little carts blocking my way and big carts of people throwing their boxes of flooring on. By the time I finally got to the carts, I couldn't get back through with my cart, someone seriously should have been directing traffic. By this time I was getting mad at all the stupid people with their stupid little carts that they had now abandoned because they realized they could do nothing with them but hit people in the ankles.

Finally I made it back to where Chad was protecting 15 boxes of dark brown flooring with his life! As I got back to him, I get a text from Mandi saying - "get 16 boxes just in case!" I think - she is crazy and delusional because obviously she didnt just experience this craziness! I call her back to tell her she got 15 and there is none left in the store. Literally when I got back to chad all the pallets were completely empty except for the 15 boxes he was standing in front of.

We get the flooring loaded onto the cart and go to check out. We had planned on walking through the store and looking for baby stuff - however I was completely spent by this time. If I saw one more of those little stupid carts I was going to lose it!

So we checked out and loaded the car and went home. Never wanting to return to Ikea again! I have decided people become crazy when there is a sale and I don't like dealing with those crazy people. So the savings from this big sale ended up being around $255, so I guess it was worth it, but my sister so owes me for this one!

Oh and I plan on putting in a complaint aganist those stupid little carts as well.

The rest of the day was lovely. We cleaned house, I made a big batch of soup, because hello whenever it rains or snows one must eat soup! I love soup! I made pepperjack cheese potato broccoli - yummm! We watched college football and ate soup - can a day be better than that? Yes it can - BYU won again! go cougars! After football, we went down to Chad's brother's house and we played a new game called "Acquire" like an adult verion of Monopoly. It was fun even though I came in last place!

The rest of the weekend I wanted to play monopoly and Chad would not play with me, no matter how much pouty lip I gave him!

1 comment:

rachelsaysso said...

Eek! I'm having anxiety just thinking about all those people. I'm not much of a shopper and I'm really not much of a sale shopper. And Ikea is designed by the devil. You can't every leave! They want you to stay forever with their little shopping cart.