Wedding - Tuesday after work me and my girlfriends went for massages, when I came out I felt like Jello - so amazingly relaxed. Then me and the girls went up to the Brighton cabin for a girls night in preparation for the big day. I was amazed at how calm I was the morning of the wedding as were my friends. We left the cabin and I went to pick up Chad at the house. He was all stressed because I was running late. That was a first - me late and him stressing. I got stuck behind a bus coming down the canyon, even though Chad does not believe me. We made it to the temple with plenty of time and everything was perfect. There was only one other wedding that entire day so we basically had the temple to ourselves - it was wonderful.
After the wedding we took pictures for what seemed an eternity in the hot sun. I felt like I was 1 degree away from melting into a pool of Jeanette. After pictures we went to the park for our family dinner and reception. It was the perfect day except for the extreme heat.
Honeymoon - For the first couple days we stayed at the Brighton Cabin and it was so relaxing. Then we were on our way down to California for our reception at my parents house. We stayed the night at the Stratosphere. Chad convinced me to go up and see the roller coasters at the top, which is a big deal since I am afraid of heights. Then we were on our way to my parents house. We had a fabulous reception there as well, my moms dream to have a reception in her backyard by the lake.
On our way back to Utah, we spent the night at the Paris Hotel and I was dying for some good French pastries, but we got up too late and missed out on the breakfast buffet. Darn it! We also got to see the show "Stomp Out Loud" which was amazing. We enjoyed every minute of it.
We returned to our home and tried to get all settled in and get use to living with someone. The hardest thing for me was sleeping in a bed with someone. For the first couple of months everytime I rolled over or moved in bed, Chad would reach over and grab me thinking I was falling off the bed. He would grip me so hard it would hurt and startle me awake. Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore.
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment