Sunday, March 1, 2009

Soup dilemma

I have a soup dilemma. I am on the cooking committe at church for our Relief Society meetings. We are having the birthday celebration for Relief Society this week and the committee decided we were going to have soup and bread bowls! Yum! I usually volunteer to make the food because I like doing it and everyone else just stresses at the thought of having to cook for that many people.

Well I originally was planning on making pepper jack potato and white chicken chili. Someone else on the committee said she would make a chicken noodle so I don't want two chicken soups so I pondered what other soup I should make. Vegetable beef but that is brothy soup and the bread bowls may spring a leak. So I thought of this new recipe I got for a tomato soup that has pickling spice in it, when you serve it you add in a little cream and crumbled bacon - it is to die for. Another one of my favorites is the Zuppa Toscano (olive garden) - sausage and potato yumminess! Then I thought of roasted Butternut squash soup with a little curry, which is another one of my favorites. Then there is chicken tortilla soup but that has chicken too but it is soo good.

In our planning meeting I said we should only have 3 soups - what was I thinking? I thought it would make it simple or something. But now I can't decide which soups to make and if I really should limit it to 3. They are all so yummy!

I don't know what to do. I love soup so much and just don't know how to solve this dilemma! Any suggestions? What soups go best with bread bowls?

4 comments:

Tamara Atkin said...

I always think of clam chowder with bread bowls, but the tomato and the zuppa toscana also sound good.

rachelsaysso said...

I think you should stick with creamier soups in a bread bowl. So maybe the creamy tomato. I have an amazing pumpkin soup that I'm drooling over just thinking about if you want it. It involves bacon and blue cheese, which equals heaven.

Hooray for soup!

The McCauley Family said...

I also think creamier is better in a bread bowl. Although the toscano is my favorite, I think you should do a broccoli cheese soup.

Elder Alex Proctor said...

I really don't care what soup you are making, the point is that YOU are making it and I am coming because of THAT! Can't wait!