Saturday morning we got up and pulled weeds again - how can there be that many for Heaven's sake it is only the first day of spring! We got all done and then it was time to get ready to go to the Draper Temple dedication. Boy that was a long day. Lots of waiting and sitting. But what an amazing experience, my first temple dedication in person - I have seen several televised but this time we were actually in the temple.

After the temple dedication I tried this new recipe - Cauliflower Soup with Curry, Cilantro and Lime. I had to doctor the recipe a bit since I only got a 6 on it when I first served it to Chad. After I added a little more curry and some coconut milk -I got a 7. I guess I couldn't expect much more than that since Chad doesn't really like Cauliflower!
Sunday morning we had the day off - no Church - since our stake was all attending the temple dedication. I woke up early as usual and decided to finally make granola. I had bought the stuff a couple weeks ago but never got around to making it. We were tired of paying tons of money for a box that had maybe two bowls of cereal in it. It turned out super yummy!

Since we didnt have church, we planned on going up to see Chad's brother's new baby Fisher in Logan. Fisher was due 3 weeks before Hunter was supposed to be born. He turned a week old on Sunday - so he was so tiny! Several times I called him Hunter - which was so sad to me. I held it together better than I thought I would.
After we got home from Logan we had a couple over from our ward to play cards. You all know how much I love to play cards. We taught them how to play hand and foot of course! We played girls against boys and of course the girls kicked butt! I was surprised because when I played earlier with my sister in law she killed me!
What a productive, busy and fun weekend!
2 comments:
Your granola looks yummy. I would love the recipe. That is something that I have never made. Great picture of you and Chad in front of the temple!
hand and foot? I love hand and foot! Didn't know that others really knew this was a game . . . !I need to have the granola recepie k?
Post a Comment