Monday, March 9, 2009

Arachnophobia

Over the last couple of weeks we have been finding spiders in the house. One night a spider repelled down right above my head while I was sitting on the couch in the living room. Then I found a couple in the bathroom. Another day I was just getting in the shower and a spider repelled down right in front of me again. Luckily I was able to splash some water on it and wash it down the drain.

Well Saturday morning I was in the shower and I was washing my hair - as I looked up there is this HUGE spider crawling along the shower curtain pole. I tried to keep my eyes on it as I finished showering to make sure it would not repell down on me. I was ready to get out of the shower but I couldn't get out because the spider was holding me hostage. The spider was going back and forth marching right along the shower curtain pole and if I pulled the curtain open I was afraid it would fall down on me! I stayed in the shower forever waiting for the spider to move so I could get out. I yelled for Chad to come rescue me but he was outside. So I waited and waited meanwhile becoming a prune. Then all of a sudden I couldn't see the spider anymore so I decided to make my move. I flung the curtain open and ran out of the bathroom. I didnt dare use one of the towels in the bathroom fearing that the spider could be on one of them.

This experience reminded me how much I really hate and fear spiders. Does anyone remember the movie Arachnophobia? It came out in 1990 and it had Jeff Daniels and John Goodman. I don't know why I complied to actually see this movie, but I did. We were on a family trip visiting some distant relatives in Arizona that we had never meet before. My sister and I went to the movies with some distant second cousins. I remember sitting in the theatre screaming my head off, with my legs up to my chest in the fetal position sitting in my chair. My sister reminds me of what a fool I was making of myself, but obviously I didn't care because I was scared to death!

No comments: