Thursday, February 12, 2009

there is someone in the house. . .

So this morning my alarm goes off and I am trying to convince myself to get out of bed and get in the shower. The only light in the house is the light coming from the stupid street light across the street, which shines right in through the long window next to our front door and shines right onto the hallway wall.

As I was laying there I see this shadow in the hallway. I can't tell if the shadow is outside reflecting in or inside the house. Then all of a sudden I see this figure in the hallway and they walk to our bedroom and close our bedroom door. My whole body is completely petrified but I manage to move one arm over to feel if Chad is in bed with me. I reach over and he is there!!

So I muster up the stregnth to whisper there is someone in the house! Chad literally flies out of bed and as his feet finally hit the ground he runs into the end of the bed and collapses to the floor. He flies back up and is out the bedroom door ready to attack the intruder. As he runs out of the bedroom he yells "CALL 911". I fumble for my phone and try and get it open so I can call 911.

I am so freaked out because my husband just went out of the bedroom to attack this intruder. Thinking the guy could have a gun or a knife! As I go to make the call I hear my sister's voice in the kitchen and I remember that she spent the night last night.

As soon as Chad had flown out of the bedroom and was ready to attack my poor sister who was in the kitchen. They both look at each and realize what has just happened and my sister says "I can't believe you forgot I was here".

4 comments:

Kim said...

Ohhhh poor poor Mandi! Did Chad scare her as he was running out? That is too funny!

Sam and Jamie said...

LOL...................I can't stop laughing. That is so funny

Alisa J said...

That is funny! Thanks for sharing a story that just makes me laugh. Everyone needs to laugh every now and again.

The McCauley Family said...

Too funny!