Can I just tell you how tired I am of people asking the question "how are you doing?" accompanied with the head tilt of pity!
Saturday was not a good day! Nothing was going right at all. I tried finishing the roman shade that I made for Chad for his birthday in December. I had some complications and was getting frustrated and grumpy.
Then I started stressing because the house was a mess and we were not even close to being ready to meet Chad's family for the temple open house. I got even more stressed when we were running late.
My emotions were on edge and I just was not in the mood to talk to anyone. I just wanted to crawl back into bed and throw the covers over my head. (you know those kind of days!!)
I barely survived the temple open house with Chad's family and just wanted to run to Costco to get mozzarella cheese so I could make my meatball sub sandwiches on ciabatta bread for dinner. Well we finally make it to Costco and it was a mad house - why did I try and attempt to go to Costco on a Saturday - I know better! Well we needed two things cheese and ciabatta bread. In and out no problem, right?
We found the bread and went to get the cheese. We get to the cheese aisle and they are clean out of shredded mozzarella cheese! How can Costco be out of cheese? I just stand there in disbelief and start crying!
I know that it is not normal to cry over a store being out of an item but why the one item I needed? Nothing was going my way at all that day - why couldn't they just have cheese so i could make dinner? Is it so hard to keep cheese stocked?
I try and find some composure and make it to the check out line. I order a pizza at checkout since i could not make my fabulous meatball subs!
Chad goes and waits for the pizza and I sit at the table and cry.
Chad tries to console me but really how do you console someone that is crying because a store is out of cheese?
As we sit down for dinner and I start to pray - I completely lose it and cry harder than I have ever cried before!
So please don't ask me "how are you doing?" (with a tilted head) I don't know how I am doing - obviously I was having a bad day since I was crying over Mozzarella cheese. Not normal! I felt better after I had a good cry and made some homemade chocolate ice cream with junior mints.
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
3 comments:
Jeanette, I love you. You are awesome. I read this blog and laughed. I could totally see you telling it and laughing yourself now that the day is over.
Ice cream ALWAYS makes me feel better!
Time helps, but even now, I still cry. I cry over the most random things...like when Baskin Robbins was out of my favorite flavor. Looks like we have something in common, ice cream saves the day?
Post a Comment