Monday, November 3, 2008

Crying, Fingernails and Placenta

Ok first off, no one ever told me that there would be so many freakish things happen to me during pregnancy. Why doesn’t someone write a book called “101 freakish things that happen to you while pregnant”?

1. Uncontrollable Crying. So last week I had an episode that I would like to forget but just can’t. I was at work corresponding with a coworker on the correct way to fill out his timecard. Well out of no where I get this nasty gram from the HR manager telling me to stop communicating with him and that I am giving him the wrong information! I knew I was right but she was being a nasty witch and had a stick stuck somewhere! Anyway I responded to her saying your assistant told me to tell him what I told him. Then out of no where I started crying at work – I was all what the heck is going on. I tried to stop but couldn’t. The more I told myself you are being stupid for crying and to stop the harder I would cry. I had completely lost it so I had to go home because I could not be seen at work having a complete breakdown. On the drive home I could hardly see because I was crying so hard. When I walk in the door at 11am and I am sobbing my eyes out – Chad was freaking out of course and asked what was wrong – I said nothing, I just can’t stop crying. I cried myself to sleep and felt much better when I woke.

2. Fingernails fit for Genius Book of World Records. Last year one of my coworkers was pregnant and she would clip her fingernails at work everyday. I could not hear it myself, but my coworker who sat next to her, would come running to my desk to get away from the noise. Fingernail clipping was like fingernails on the chalk board to him. He hated the noise more than anything. He would sit at my desk until she was done every day. Now I know why she would clip her nails everyday – my finger nails are so long that I can hardly type – I seriously want to call the Genius Book of World Records. Here is a picture of my fingernails (I know you are thinking man Jeanette has really greyed lately!)


3. Uncontrollable Gagging. The nausea has left along with the first trimester, but what came next is much worse. I can hardly brush my teeth without having a complete gag fest and then ending up over the toilet with the dry heaves, just wishing I would throw up. Almost anything can set off the gagging. If I laugh too much, if I sneeze too many times, if I smell something, if I try to swallow a pill, the list can go on for days! It is no fun at all. I hate gagging!

4. Placenta. I know that every woman can’t wait to bond with her unborn child and long for when the child is born so that the bonding can begin. Well I just read something so freaky that I don’t even know what to think. Mothers do weird things to bond with their babies. Take a cast of your pregnant belly and give it to your midwife. Hold small replicas of a fetus so that you can bond with it. Watch 3-D video of your child so that you can bond with the baby. Keep the placenta after you have given birth and cut it open and spread it on a canvas so that you can have a lovely print of your placenta. Keep your placenta in the freezer so that you can someday plant it by a tree so that your child can bond with the tree. Call me crazy, but I don’t care ever to see my placenta let alone to cut it open or freeze it. I know that there will be plenty of bonding time with the baby once he comes. I will save the bonding time for once he arrives! My friend sent me this website -
http://www.geocities.com/virtualbirth/placenta.html - check it out if you dare.

1 comment:

rachelsaysso said...

Welcome to the Uncontrollable Crier's Club. I've been a life long member. I have never had to leave work but there have been several times when I should have. Instead I would just spend an hour in the bathroom. And I've never been pregnant. Maybe when I do become pregnant I will have the opposite situtation and won't be able to cry. I can't imagine crying more than I already do.