Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dr Appt

Today was my 12 week dr appointment. It was a little nerve racking to say the least. When we got there the nurse tried to find the baby's heart beat using the little dopler thing. She searched and searched and couldn't find the heartbeat. I am sure my heartbeat doubled as I freaked out wondering what was wrong. The nurse then decided to see if she could find the heartbeat through an ultrasound. She found the baby right away, but the baby was being stubborn and not moving around so she could get a good shot of the heart. Finally after a long and torturous 5 min or so, she found the heartbeat. Wave of relief . . . .

The dr said everything looked fine and the baby's heartbeat was 166 beats per minute - that is about what mine was at when the nurse couldn't find the baby's heartbeat!

I will find out at the end of October what we are having.

1 comment:

Alisa J said...

I had my 12 week appointment yesturday and a similar thing happened. The doctor tried to find the heart beat with the dopler and couldn't so they did an ultrasound and found it thank goodness. We had fun seeing the baby move around so much!