Monday, June 27, 2011

May and June Activities

I hate when I get behind on blogging, because the longer I go the more daunting of a task it becomes.  I am biting the bullet and going to make my best attempt to catch you up on the last two months.

April 27th was my last day at Cambric, after 6 years.  My life was full of life changing events during those 6 years.  I bought a house, traveled to Samoa, meet Chad, got married, lost Hunter, had Bridger and all the stuff in between.  It was time for me to move on, six years at one job was a long time and I was ready for a change.  The tranisition to my new job was easier than most, since I had worked with the company for 6 years while working at Cambric.  My new job, is with Spring2 Technologies, a Consulting firm who sells and implements Microsoft Accounting Systems.  Cambric used Spring2's services to implement, customize and support their accounting system.  I do miss all my friends at Cambric, but luckily I still get to see them on a regular basis as I go back and do consulting work for Cambric.  It still has been difficult with the new job, learning the ropes and trying to pretend I know what I am doing to help our clients!  It is draining but I do love it. 

Okay apparently I haven't really blogged since February, because I found all these pictures I never blogged about.
Our ward had a Minute to Win it Party(back in Feb) - it was fun to try some of the crazy games. In this game we had to scoop up 6 penne noodles onto a piece of spaghetti.



In February, we took Bridger to an allergy doctor.  He was tested for Eggs(which we knew he was allergic to already), walnuts, shellfish, fish, cats and dogs. He was only allergic to eggs thankfully and we get to go back once a year until he is 5 to see if his blood levels go down.  Apparently, egg allergies in kids is outgrown by most kids by age 5.  So fingers crossed he will be one of those kids.  The dr did give us a prescription for an epi pen just in case. That was really scary to me to think I would ever need to use an epi pen on him. 
While at the dr, Bridger found a friend in the room we were waiting in. 
So stinkin' cute!  He ended up doing really well during the tests, mostly because he got a couple dumb dumb suckers to distract him!

When Mandi was out visiting - I took this picture of the boys!  So adorable and quite when they are asleep.
 When they were awake they were causing mayhem.
 Here is a picture that I love - How can you not LOVE that face?!?
My mom came out to visit in May for a quilt show, to play with Bridger and to help us recover a couch.  I basically got rid of most of my furniture in my living room.  I still haven't finished all the decorating, making pillows, and hanging pictures but I like the new look. 






For Memorial Day, we went to Bear Lake with Chad's family to the family cabin.  It was a cold wet weekend, so we didnt get to enjoy the outdoors too much.  We even woke up to snow on Sunday morning while we were there. Bridger snuggling up with his cousins.

One day when it wasn't raining we played outside and Bridger loved the Big Wheel that grammie and grandpa had there. 

The weekend after Memorial Day, Bridger and I flew to California for my cousin's wedding.  It was quite the adventure flying alone with an active 18mo old.  In preparation for the trip, I bought an umbrella stroller, and Bridger pushed doggy around the house in it, all week.
Bridger looking out the window at all the big planes.

We were on a really small plane and it was jam packed full on the way there.  Bridger fell asleep as well as the older gentleman sitting next to me.  I basically had two people sleeping in my lap!  Talk about closterphobic!!!
It was Bridger's first flight and he did really well.  On the flight home we had an empty seat next to us and Bridger got to kick back and relax!

Bridger listening to the stewardess, making sure he knows what to do incase the plane crashes.

Is this how you brace for impact?
 Nap time!


We finally have had some warmer weather in June and have visited the drive in theatre a couple of times. Bridger actually did really well both times. He snuggled up with mommy and fell asleep before the first movie even started.

Bridger LOVES being outside, either playing in the dirt, swinging in his swing, blowing bubbles, playing with the hose, kicking things around or playing at the park. He mastered the slide and loves going down again and again.














Last week was the NBA draft and we decided to go downtown to the Jazz Draft Party.  We had hoped that the Jazz would take Jimmer, but no such luck.  After the Jazz Party, we headed over to the mall where they have a little water splash park area.  Bridger was tired and recovering from an ear infection and the croupe, so he was not himself.  He did have fun until he slipped and fell and hit his head.


Bridger's first corn on the cob.
Bridger learning some new skills!
 
 Just because he is so cute.




A couple months ago Bridger learned 'no no no!' while shaking his finger.  Chad and I could not figure out where he would of learned that.  Yeah we say no to him but we don't shake our finger at him.  Then it hit me, and I knew where it came from.  Three little monkey's song. 

No comments: