So after another long night with a crying baby, I was trying to figure out what could be my poor baby's issue. Why does he just wake up screaming? Is he sick, stomach ache, gassy, teething, poopy, stuffy nose. . . . ??
Bridger has never been a very good sleeper, he usually wakes up a couple times a night crying. Sometimes he just needs his binky and will go right back to sleep. Sometimes he will just wimper for a minute and then be back to sleep and other nights it is a fight to get him back to sleep.
Thankfully my husband is a night owl and deals with most of the crying episodes until 3am when my shift kicks in. Last night it was a bad night he went to bed at 7:45 and by 9pm he had already cried several times. Needless to say I put in my ear plugs and went to sleep, while Chad was on duty. Around 4am he was up again and not a happier camper. I laid him down with his binky and he laid there trying to go back to sleep, he will talk himself to sleep sometimes.
So I laid in bed trying to think why does he not sleep well? Is he allergic to some foods? He is eating everything now, so perhaps that is too much for his system and he gets stomach aches? He still doesn't have teeth, so maybe he is finally teething? I DON'T KNOW!!!! I hate this.
On my way to work I was talking to my sister and she suggested a white noise maker. Then I remembered, when we went camping and it rained all night he slept like an angel. Not one peep all night. So I did a search for White noise sounds and I found this site. Free downloads of sounds this woman has created for her own child. Some are loud and obnoxious, but others are very soothing. I clicked on "Download all sound files" and then I deleted the ones I didn't like.
I put them on my Ipod and will be putting them on shuffle tonight. Praying this is going to help him sleep better for all our family's sake!
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
1 comment:
we did the same thing a few times, and we eventually got a fan. Didnt have it blow on her but just a fan for the noise..worked like a charm. she is a great sleeper now. Good luck.
Post a Comment