Tuesday, August 24, 2010

9 months old


Bridger is 9 months old. Here are his stats:
Weight - 21lbs 13oz - 70%
Height - 28.5in - 60%
Head - 47cm - 90%
I keep thinking sooner or later he will grow into his head but so far that has not happened. Bridger has learned a lot of new tricks in the last month. The newest trick is pulling himself up to the standing position. He has mastered crawling in the last two weeks and goes anywhere we don't have blocked off.
He loves hitting the ball and chasing it around the house. He also likes to play catch with mom and dad and has a pretty good throw already. He has discovered his tongue and likes to try and roll it. He loves shaking his head "no no no". We have been trying to teach him to do "yes yes yes" but no such luck.
He did get two teeth.

Ok he really didn't get two real teeth, I found this binky online and thought it was hilarious! I thought I would add to the teeth and pose him with his camo pants and his root beer belly. Last weekend we went on our first family camping trip. Chad's family had a family reunion at a campground called Crystal Hot Springs, which is just northwest of Brigham City in Honeyville. The campground is a bit rundown, but we still had fun. They have Hot, Warm and Cold springs. There are several pools, Jacuzzis and water slides. The warm pools were filled with the mineral water and when you entered the water it made your skin tingle. Bridger made the trip down the water slide with daddy. I think he would have liked it more had he not been so miserably tired. The worst part of the camping trip was the fact that there is a railroad track within a 1/2 mile of the campground. I would have slept through it fine, because I grew up sleeping at Carpenteria where there was always trains going through in the middle of the night. However, Bridger did not like the trains blowing their horns. After the first train it took me almost two hours to get him back to sleep and wouldn't you know another train came and woke him up again. This happened several more times through the night and needless to say Mom, Dad and Baby were all exhausted. Oh and the other worst part of the trip was when I dropped Bridger! I know I am the worst mother ever dropping her child. He was in my lap and he arched his back and the next thing I knew he was laying on the ground screaming. I am not sure exactly how he flipped out of my arms but it was AWFUL! When I told the Dr, he said don't worry it won't be the last time. Not sure if that was supposed to make me feel better or what! Here is a video of Bridger standing up. He is going to be walking before we know it! (Sorry the video was shot sideways - you are going to have to turn your head to watch it.)

1 comment:

Sam and Jamie said...

I just saw him a couple of weeks ago, why does he look so much older!