Well I am trying to pretend that spring is here. Saturday morning we woke up to snow, which needless to say put a damper on my day. Luckily it was conference and we got to stay home and vegge on the couch while listening to conference.
Today I decided it was time to plant my seeds for my garden. I have tried for the last 3 years to get green beans and sugar snap peas to grow and I have had no luck. I learned 2 years ago that you can NOT transplat the little buggers. So last year I planted them in big pots and I got 4 or 5 foot vines but then I forgot to water them. If they are not in the garden on the sprinkler system they are a gonner. I can not be held responsible to remember to water something on a regular basis hence the lovely drip system Chad installed for the garden. So needless to say those lovely long vines did not last long.
Well it is suppose to be nice this week, so I went out on the wild side and finally planted the green beans and sugar snap peas in the garden. Lets just pray the snow is over and done with for the season and I can get some home grown green beans this year!
Cilantro Lime Kale Slaw
3 months ago
2 comments:
I LOVE fresh green beans and peas from the garden. I beg my parents to plant them every year, even though neither of them eat them.
Good luck with the garden...need to get started on mine.
Post a Comment